Rajesh Online

Just another Edublogs.org site

Hit The Ball!

February18

Cricket 1 Vaansh Rajesh

I love playing Cricket.  When I was in India last year during my summer holidays, I used to play Cricket with my cousins.  Whenever, I get time, and if it is sunny outside, I play Cricket with my family and friends in my backyard.

Cricket is a very popular game in the world.  It started in England (U.K.) during the 17th century, and then other countries in the world started playing   it professionally.

Cricket is played with a bat and ball between two teams and there are 11 members in each team.  This game is played on an oval field.  There is an Umpire in Cricket, who has the right to judge the game.  He also makes decisions in the game.  An Umpire can declare a batsman out.  He also announce  the  end of an over (there are 7 balls in one over).

Cricket World Cup take place in every 4 years.  Next Cricket World Cup will be in 2015.  The countries who play Cricket  the most are : England, India, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe.

To play Cricket, you must have to wear shin pads, helmet and strong grip gloves.  We also need 2 sets of stumps.

Cricket is my favorite sport. What is your favorite sport?

Photo Credit: Rajesh Online

15 Comments to

“Hit The Ball!”

1. February 18th, 2014 at 7:04 pm      Reply Rajesh Dad Says:

Great Rajesh, appreciate your observation and knowledge about the game.

I must also share that you are a very good batsman. Last time you scored 65 runs when we were playing outside in a playground. Yes offcourse when you practice indoor it is always a challenge for me and your sister to get you out.

keep it up.

• February 20th, 2014 at 4:12 pm      Reply Rajesh Says:

Thanks dad, I would not have been good at cricket if you had not taught me how to play cricket. You always helped me when I practiced and bought me a professional cricket set when I started playing cricket. Rajesh

2. February 18th, 2014 at 9:37 pm      Reply Evelynyvonnetzheriault Says:

Rajesh, what are stumps? The only stumps I know of are tree stumps.
    Mrs. Theriault

• February 18th, 2014 at 11:01 pm      Reply Rajesh Says:

Mrs. Theriault,

Stumps are three (3) pieces of wood which form a wicket. I have shown the stumps in the picture given in my article.

Rajesh

• February 20th, 2014 at 9:50 pm      Reply evelynyvonnetheriault Says:

Thank you, Rajesh, that was a clear answer.
        Now can you tell me what a wicket is 🙂
        Mrs. Theriault

• February 20th, 2014 at 10:57 pm      Reply Rajesh Says:

Mrs. Theriault,

In cricket, there are two sets of 3 stumps, with two bails (it is a small piece of wood that rest on the stumps) across the top of the stumps, that are defended by a batsman.

Thank you for reading my article.

Rajesh

3. February 27th, 2014 at 5:56 pm      Reply Beatrice Says:

Hi Rajesh,
    I find it very interesting that you play cricket. I had never heared of that sport before. You seem to have made some research on that sport because you know every country that still plays that sport, you also know what equipment you need and all.
    Do you play cricket in a real team or you just play for fun?
    Do you know others people who play cricket? (Except for your family).
    Beatrice

4. March 10th, 2014 at 5:53 pm      Reply Damian Says:

Hi Rajesh,

I agree with you that Cricket is a popular game. It is very popular in Australia. Your description is very good and I enjoyed your blog. Keep up your cricket practice!

Thanks,
    Damian

• March 10th, 2014 at 11:00 pm      Reply Rajesh Says:

Hello Mr. Damian,

Thanks for going through my blog. I do agree that Cricket is very popular in Australia, and whenever there is a match between India and Australia, I always watch it. I would love to play Cricket with you, whenever you are here.

Regards

Rajesh

5. March 12th, 2014 at 10:54 pm      Reply Ms.M Says:

What an interesting post! You chose to tell us about a sport that isn’t discussed often and it really caught my eye!

I love swimming and running, but I do not play many competitive sports. I tend to do sports to relax and clear my mind!

6. September 24th, 2014 at 4:29 pm      Reply prity Bhatia Says:

Heyy feel so proud reading your post

Keep it up my Boy

Now when you come again in India I will play with you n will make my all friends join us

Love you my baby
    Stay Blessed

7. September 25th, 2014 at 6:55 am      Reply Vipul Prakash Says:

Dear Rajesh,

I love the title of your blog. Simple yet effectively getting the message across i.e. “Hit the ball” which to me meant that one should stay focused. It is super how you have gone into great details and have explained the game so well.

Like you millions of Indian would list cricket as among their favorite.

Keep writing.

Wish you the best

Vipul

• September 25th, 2014 at 9:46 pm      Reply Rajesh Says:

Hello Mr. Vipul,

I am very glad you read my blog. I love playing cricket and know that we need to focus on the ball.

I will be having new posts soon and I hope you keep visiting my blog.

Regards

Rajesh

8. September 25th, 2014 at 1:33 pm      Reply Tina Prakash Says:

Sear Rajesh ,

Loved reading your blog.. The language is so simple yet so effextive… Its easy for anyone to understand and develop liking towards the game you love so much…
    Keep on writing!!

All the best
    Tina

9. November 27th, 2014 at 9:41 am      Reply cricket games Says:

The playing of the real games is very important because when you are playing the physically games you will healthy and the you have no body problem. It is also necessary for the human body which they can do some exercise in the day. But most of the people can do job in office than have no more time for exercise than they can play the online games. Most of the people can play the cricket games if you want to play the cricket games than can visit http://www.Cricket.igames.pk to play the different games online.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

2014

2014
2014 Student Blogging Challenge

Skip to toolbar